Maximum Hope Foundation


Well I'm less than a month away.  One more excruciating weekend of training ahead, then a big taper as I approach the final weeks of preparation for Ultraman.

Which brings me to a vital and essential component of my participation in this years event -- raising funds on behalf of the Maximum Hope Foundation.

For anyone who knows me personally or who has followed this blog, you know that I have taken my commitment to preparing for this event very seriously, sacrificing an unbelievable amount of  energy, finances and most importantly, time away from my work, family and four children to properly prepare for this once-in-a-lifetime event.

But even a successful personal result at the event would be a loss without service to a cause greater than myself. Therefore, racing on behalf of a charitable organization I believe in is a vital and essential component of my participation. I considered many worthy organizations before becoming involved in the Maximum Hope Foundation, a small non-profit organization founded by Jill Garrett dedicated to providing financial assistance to families who have been financially devastated due to the excessive costs and problems associated with caring for a terminally ill child or adult battling a life threatening disease. Maximum Hope’s goal is to alleviate some of the anguish of these daily financial challenges and burdens by supplying a ‘boost’ to families in need who can no longer handle the every day expenses of rent, car payments, food, counseling, utilities, etc, which can be insurmountable when faced with the costs of extensive, ongoing medical care.

Unfortunately, too many people die waiting for medical treatment because they can’t afford it or that they survive, but then literally can’t afford to live. What impressed me about Maximum Hope is that (unlike almost every other charitable organization) virtually 100% of the money raised goes directly to people in need here in L.A. and California. Even with insurance, cancer is a very expensive illness and we all know that not everyone is insured and not everyone has someone to turn to. Although my family has not been directly affected by catastrophic illness, I have many close friends over the last year alone that have been devastated by cancer. Raising funds on behalf of Maximum Hope is not only my way of giving back but is an opportunity for all of us to do something to positively impact our community and all of the people who so desperately need the kind of help Maximum Hope offers.

I sincerely hope you will join me to help provide Maximum Hope with a donation so the maximum number of people who need it can benefit.

If you are interested in supporting my effort for Maximum Hope, here is how you can help. You can donate by pledging a flat donation of any amount you wish. I realize these are challenging economic times, and that finances are difficult for everyone right now. But even a small donation can go a long way towards making a significant difference for families in need. Therefore, both myself and Maximum Hope greatly appreciate any contribution you can afford to make.

For more information on Maximum Hope, click HERE.

Donations can be made very easily online via credit card or PayPal by clicking HERE.

And again, for more information on the 2008 Ultraman World Championships, click HERE.

In addition, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about Maximum Hope. Feel free to e-mail me anytime at rich@indielawgroup.com or call me at 310.804.8857.

I sincerely hope you can take the time to donate to this most worthy cause!

0 comments: