Social Networking / LA ULTRA!

I'm becoming a bit obsessive about social networking.  Let's just say its starting to get a bit obsessive.  But like I've said, that's just how I am.

I have loved being active on Facebook and have re-connected with so many people from my past and made countless new friends, especially in the endurance community.  But Facebook aside, my new obsession is Twitter.  I am a total convert.  

In addition to posting news about my training, I love throwing up interesting articles and insights throughout the day.  But what has been really cool is following some of my favorite inspirational people.  And as far as athletes, its the cyclists that have really taken to the medium in a huge way (due I'm sure in large part to Lance's fascination with the tool).  Many of the top names in the sport have really jumped on the Twitter bandwagon in a big way.  Lance is on fire, twittering and posting photos several times a day, on everything from his training, drug tests, travels and race reports to iChats with his kids.

And it seems like he has recruited his peers -- everyone from George Hincapie, Christian Van de Velde, Dave Zabriske (by far the funniest tweets) to Michael Rogers and even Ivan Basso are all over it.  Its pretty cool.  As for triathletes, they are fewer.  You can find McCormack, but Chris Lieto seems to be the guy who is most active.

Twitter can be so intimate -- it almost makes you feel like you are buddies with these guys, which is a little weird.  In fact, Hincapie tweeted that he was in LA training.  The next morning, I was pulling out of my driveway and saw him fly right by my house on his bike -- I assume this is some sort of good omen?  Who knows.

Anyway, this leads me to thinking about how I can use these media to help promote endurance sports, as well as plant based nutrition.  So I have become more active on Twitter myself.  

And along these lines, I just created a new group on Facebook called LA ULTRA!  A place for all LA based ultra-endurance athletes to build community -- through sharing insight and info on training, racing, nutrition, etc.

I hope you join me on the journey.  

You can find me on Twitter by clicking HERE.

You can find me on Facebook by clicking HERE.

And you can find the new Facebook Group LA ULTRA! by clicking HERE.